New Cycle Hubs at Surrey Stations
To celebrate the completion of 5 innovative new cycle hubs in Surrey at Woking, Brookwood, Ewell West, Walton on Thames and Haslemere, South West Trains (SWT) will be running cycle surgeries at selected hubs and customer satisfaction surveys at all of the hubs from 9 January 2017.
Don't miss the chance to get your bike security marked by the British Transport Police:
- Monday 9 January - Woking 5pm-7pm
- Tuesday 10 January - Walton on Thames 7am-9am
- Wednesday 11 January - Woking 7am-8am
- Wednesday 11 January - Ewell West 4.30pm-6.30pm
The new hubs have been built with a galvanised and powder coated steel structure with different combinations of glass, metal and wooden cladding. Facilities include:
- 100% CCTV coverage using HD cameras with 360 degree view which significantly improves detail recognition.
- Live train information screens that allow cyclists to monitor train times and avoid unnecessary rush. The screens also include a 12 hours weather forecast.
- 24 hour access and with maintenance tools, so cyclists can safely fix their bikes.
Ewell West Cycle Hub features a green roof.
The hubs were delivered as part of a £4 million project run by SWT in Partnership with Rail Delivery Group which provided new cycle facilities across 36 stations on the network. More information about the hubs can be found on page 4 of the SWT October Newsletter (PDF).
Contact: Harris Vallianatos, 04/01/2017