Surrey has an extensive rail network - one of the busiest in the UK, in fact. It provides excellent links to London and the UK's two biggest airports, Heathrow and Gatwick, and it's also pretty easy for Surrey residents to escape to the coast. If you want to plan your journey or check your connections, have a look at the Travel SMART Journey Planner.
Nearly all of us have travelled by train at some point, so we all know the potential benefits it can give us. But just in case you need a bit of encouragement to take the train to work or school or to go out at the weekend...
Advantages of travelling by train
- Trains are the fastest way to travel on land in the UK
- It's one of the safest ways to travel
- It's easy to plan your route (especially with the Travel SMART Journey Planner)
- You can avoid the stress of driving
- It's a more environmentally-friendly way to travel than the car
- It provides a chance to read, work, chat or just look out the window and relax.
Find out more from the Surrey County Council website using the links below.
Or for further information on railcards and discount rail travel please visit National Rail.
Want to take your bike on the train?
Further information about taking bicycles on public transport.